Duration: minimum 4 hours - 1 day
People: 1-2 facilitator(s), ± 6 participants
Materials: Paper, pen, whiteboards, sticky notes
Concept: What is “Identity-Process-Impact'?
This is a framework that consists of three elements key to understanding your funding program. Taken together, these elements express who you are, what you do, and why you do it.
- Identity. Who do you want to be - How do you present yourself?
- Process. What do you do now - How can it be done better?
- Impact. What do you want to achieve - How do you get there?
The aim of this workshop is to bring the team together to:
- Reassess mission and understand the funding’s current impact
- Optimize internal processes using the human-centered design methodology
- Identify tactical and strategic changes for future development
Codes of Conduct (Virtual)
Participants are encouraged to:
- Ask clarifying questions at any time; save open questions for the discussion.
- Write opinions freely in silent individual activities.
- Say opinions freely in group activities.
- Mute themselves during the silent individual activities.
- Write in the chat when a break is needed (no need to announce it).
Workshop Possible Activities
- Reassessing Mission
- Funding Service Blueprint
- Applicants' Emotion Journey Map
- Funder Identity
- Impact and Effort Logic Model
- Future Headlines
Workshop Sample Agenda
Agenda A: 4 hours Virtual Workshop
9:30 - Introduction & Housekeeping
10:45 - Activity #1 “Reassessing Mission”
10:10 - Activity #1 Results Discussion and Feedback
10:30 - Break (15 minutes)
10:45 - Activity #2 “Applicants' Journey Map”
11:45 - Activity #2 Discussion & Feedback
12:15 - Closing
Agenda B: One-day In-person Workshop
9:00 - Welcome & Coffee
9:15 - Workshop Introduction
9:30 - Activity #1 “Funding Service Blueprint"
9:50 - Activity #1 Results Discussion and Feedback
10:10 - Break (5 minutes)
10:15 - Activity #2 “Applicants' Journey Map”
10:50 - Break (5 minutes)
11:05 - Activity #2 Discussion & Feedback
12:00 - Lunch break (1.5 hours)
1:30 - Warm-up
1:40 - Activity #3 “Impact Effort Logic Model”
2:00 Activity #3 Result Discussion
2:15 - Break (15 minutes)
2:30 - Activity #4 “Future Headlines”
3:00 - Activity #4 Result Discussion
3:15 - Feedback & Closing