Duration: ± 20 minutes
People: 1 facilitator, minimum 4 participants
Material: Sticky notes, pens (if done virtually, use any whiteboard platform)
You need ideas and directions for organizational future strategies.
- The facilitator prepares 3 prompts, 3 timeframes (E.g. 3, 6, 9 months), and 2 scenarios (1 positive, 1 negative). Participants take 10 minutes to brainstorm ideas for each scenario.
- If there’s time, feel free to add more information, e.g. Where will the headline appear? Who is going to talk about it? What is the impact/fallout from the headline?
Why Choose ‘Future Headlines'?
The predictions from Future Headlines can help your team define and prioritize which strategy and mission to focus on in the future.
- Providing a scope for social, political, and economical backgrounds might help yield more specific and detailed outcomes.
- Exercise should be followed up with a discussion within the team to identify opportunities and emerging themes.
- In a co-design workshop setting, previous applicants and other members of the community can be invited to participate in this activity to help create a shared vision.
Category: Funding Approach & Process, Identity & Strategy