Narrative Futures is a series of different future scenarios created to spark inspiration on how we can shape the digital future in a collaborative, sustainable and equal way. We set out to break with current narratives that are introduced by Big Tech. Our goal is to reclaim digital infrastructure in the public interest – and start a conversation about how get there. Each starts with a potential future (🚀) and the current problem. (📌)
“10 million for a civil society infrastructure association”
- Open digital infrastructure has a good reputation, actual usage remains low.
- There is little effort by funders and others to collaboratively deploy open source technologies, share experiences and learn together.
- The open-source ecosystem lacks success stories that are easy to communicate and widely relevant to non-technical audiences.
- Funders from all fields lead by example: They use open digital infrastructures and talk about their experience to spread the word and raise awareness with other funders and civil society organizations.
- To strengthen the sector of open digital infrastructure, funders start and support networks for knowledge exchange and collaboration that are open to open source communities and civil society organizations.
- Funders do not only provide financial support, they start hosting and maintaining digital infrastructures for civil society and social movements, thus building the digital backbone for a healthy democracy and civic organizing.